Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/cuttersraiders/public_html/Forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Uberti 1866 rifle question
Cutter's Raiders
August 23, 2017, 12:23:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uberti 1866 rifle question  (Read 1131 times)
Matthew Duncan
SASS #23189 - Cutter's Raiders #13 - BOLD 788 - NRA life
Administrator
Foreman

Phone 574-831-4075

View Profile WWW
« on: September 08, 2014, 09:46:47 AM »

Rifle is 14 years old.

Magazine spring was getting a bit weak so I replaced it with a new stainless steel spring.   grin

Before I rode over to shoot at Coal Car Kid's match a few months back I dropped in a short stroke kit.   smile

Between the magazine spring and the short stroke now the lever requires considerable more effort to lever the action.

Then I bummed up my knuckle.   The knuckle that rides on the lever.  A bit painful.   consored

The Hammer main spring is the 93 and 2/3rds pounds factory original.  Any Cowpokes have a recommendation on a lighten but reliable replacement main spring?

And no it ain't a option for me to Dremel the main spring into an hourglass.

I riding up to Buchanan, MI this weekend to shoot with Paul Puma's bunch.  I'd like to give those  Northerner's a run for their money!   laugh

May God grant me the eye of the eagle on his prey, the stealth of the tiger on the hunt and the balls of an Army Helicopter pilot!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him--- better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Copyrighted 2011 by Cutter's Raiders